Thursday, August 11, 2011

Learning About Government Can Be Fun!

At a workshop this summer, a teacher was creating a lesson for her students talking about the different areas of government. A couple of days later, EDSITEment posted a lesson plan with the title of "Balancing Three Branches at Once: Our System of Checks and Balances. This gave me an idea for a blog post. I decided to find some other lessons about Civics and Government and put them into a Glog. I have written about Glogster EDU quite a few times before, but find it a great way to "posterize" lesson plans to share with others. Below is my Glog on the Three Branches of Government.



Some more websites are listed below:

Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids (K-12) You choose the grade level.
SAS Curriculum Pathways (6-12)
My Social Studies Diigo Links


Hope you enjoy these lesson ideas and web sites!

No comments: