So I admit that Science is not exactly my favorite thing in the world (although I am married to an engineer).
But I have recently found myself involved in several Science-related activities and searches for resources, and I am starting to see Science in a slightly different light.
I came across two great Science resources ... totally unconnected topics but still great resources.
StudyJams! from Scholastic:
- "What is matter? It's solids, liquids, and gases and it can change states through heating or cooling. Want to know more? Watch this three minute video — and try singing karaoke — and learn all you need to know."
- There is a video, a song, some vocabulary words, and a quiz. The video and song have memorable characters and catchy tunes.
- The quiz provides feedback at the end and shows the correct and incorrect answers ... which could be a teachable moment if needed.
- There are links to all kinds of interesting tidbits of information related to the various fields/aspects of engineering:
- Information is presented in the form of an interactive graphic novel (rather than just words in a textbook) ... just hover the mouse on the green X and there is no telling what will appear ... click on the X and you will learn even more
- Even though the focus is the content, the way this content is presented really caught my attention!
title created using LetteringDelights.com