Document cameras can be used to take pictures, videos, and even as web cams. I think teachers just need more information on the many ways these tools can be used. I know they also need the time to try things out. Even though there are document cameras in many classrooms, I do think that tool has been overlooked.
Here is a list of links to a wide variety of ways document cameras can be used in the classroom:
- 101 Ways K-12 Teachers Use Document Cameras
- 100 Ways to Use Digital Cameras from Scholastic
- Ways to Use Doc Cameras with Students (from Learn 2.0)
- Document Camera Idea for Elementary, Middle, and High School Classes
- Ideas for Science, Social Studies, English, Math, Music, Art ...
- Teaching 'N Technology Document Cameras in the Classroom
- 101 Ways Kennewick Teachers Use Document Cameras
- Document Cameras Enhance Student Learning
- Doc Cameras in the Classroom Handout
- Using Document Cameras in Pre-K and K Classrooms