Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Everyday Should Be Science Friday!

Today as I was looking for resources for some middle school Science teachers, I came across some great sites that intrigued me. I admit, Science was never my strongest subject in school. However, if I had a website like Science Friday to peak my interest, perhaps I'd be more prone to do some of my own exploring.

Science Friday is a weekly Science talk show on NPR each week. Each week the show focuses on Science topics that are being discussed in the news. Their goal is to "bring an educated, balanced discussion to bear on the scientific issues at hand." The Science Friday website has engaging videos and tutorials that will have your students talking about Science. One of my favorite videos is "Where's the Octopus?" Can you find the octopus?


For more videos, check out the Science Friday video library.

No comments: