Last week I was fortunate to attend Thinkfinity training. Thinkfinity is a free collection of lessons and resources for in the classroom, afterschool, home, and even professional development. This great site is sponsored by the Verizon foundation. They offer general things and specific resources for states based on their guidelines. When searching by standards, I noticed lots of resources for Common Core and 21st Century Skills.
In my opinion, one of the best things about Thinkfinity is the Content Partners they work with. I think of their partners as puzzle pieces working together for teachers and students.
"Verizon Thinkfinity Content Partners produce the program's nine discipline-specific, standards-based Web sites. Each site includes lessons for teachers, activities to use in and out of the classroom, games for young children and teens, adult literacy resources and reference materials for anyone in the education field, as well as for parents and afterschool practitioners."
- National Geographic Education
- Science NetLinks from AAAS
- econedlinks from the Council for Economic Education
- readwritethink from the International Reading Association and NCTE
- ArtsEdge from The Kennedy Center
- Smithsonian's History Explorer
- Illuminations resources for teaching math from NCTM
- EDSITEment! from the National Endowment for the Humanities of Art
- Wonderopolis from NCFL
I think that Thinkfinity has found lots of puzzle pieces to encourage, support, and engage learning experiences for students and teachers!
image by Patrick Hoesley found at