Friday, September 30, 2011

What are WS/FCS teachers saying about Edmodo?

Over the past few weeks I have had the privilege to work with teachers across the district who are using Edmodo in their classrooms. Whether its a face to face workshop or a one on one help session, I leave with a smile on my face because see a lot of "ah ha" moments. Here is some of the feedback and stories I've received so far:

"Over the weekend I had several students on Edmodo helping each other out. They would ask questions and another would give a web link helping them out with information. I had 6 ask me questions about their project and I was able to respond right away. It was very encouraging that students had the ability to ask me questions and get responses quickly. it was also great to see them helping each other."

"A student told me thank you for sending her Edmodo updates. She was absent yesterday and got the alert and studied for her quiz and took it today feeling prepared because I sent her the alert on Edmodo. She said she wished all her teachers used it."

"I've noticed student participation has skyrocketed. They're on Edmodo after school hours, continuing discussions and helping each other with assignments. Its been really empowering for them."

If you have any feedback you would like to share, please feel free to contact me at abdurrence@wsfcs.k12.nc.us. Still not sure what Edmodo is? You can access a variety of on demand webinars through Edmodo and SimpleK12 to learn more.
Link

No comments: