Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Things With Symbaloo


I have been using Symbaloo for about a year now. I really like it a lot. It is a visual way of sharing bookmarks with other people. The "pages" you create in Symbaloo are called a "webmix"

When I first started using Symbaloo (the education version), they didn't allow you to embed your webmix anywhere. The only way I could show it on a wiki was to take a snapshot of it using a program like Jing. That was ok, but not ideal.

The other day I was creating a new webmix on Digital Storytelling and found out .... drumroll please .... they have added embed codes. I was very excited and was able to embed my Digital Storytelling webmix into the WSFCS Wiki. To embed a webmix onto a wiki, click the "Send to Friends" button and click Embed. You can then copy the embed code and paste it onto your wiki.

There is another webmix on the WSFCS Wiki that might be useful. It is the IWB webmix.  All of the orange tiles are links to Promethean information. All of the blue tiles are links to SMART information. The tiles that are pink or brown can be used on any IWB (Interactive White Board).

Have fun creating webmixes!

No comments: