Friday, July 16, 2010

Can you read me a story?


A few weeks ago, my 4 year old came home from daycare telling me about If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I told her that I would try to find that book for us to read at home. Even though she kept asking about it, I kept forgetting to look for that book. (I think it may be in my boxes of "teacher stuff" in the basement) Over the last few weeks, I have been working to correct some (lots and lots) broken Learn360 links in WSFCS Learning Village (our county's curriculum warehouse where we want teacher to go for resources and ideas for planning lessons). One day I noticed something about Reading Rainbow and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie on Learn360. One hundred fifty-three Titles from Reading Rainbow have recently been added to the content available in Learn 360. I knew I had found a solution to my problem (or at least something that would give me a little more time before searching in all those boxes downstairs). My little one would probably love hearing the book read aloud and seeing the illustrations on the computer screen. That got me thinking about how teachers could use some of these titles with their Interactive White Boards (IWBs). Imagine how students would react to having that large of a screen to view a book! Hearing and seeing the story appeals to multiple learning styles.
I searched through my delicious bookmarks (and a few tweets on twitter) to see what else I could find to provide students with similar storytelling experiences.
Here is what I have found so far:
Please let me know what other sites can be added to this list!

No comments: