Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hip Hop Learning

Hey, I know we all have said once in our careers "How do I reach these kids?" or "What will it take to get them engaged!"

Well I might have an answer...
His name: Mr. Duey
His Occupation: Teacher
His Passion: Teaching by any means neccessary

What has he done that is so different? Well he decided to take his lessons and put them to hip hop music to try and reach his students.

I had a friend email me this link www.mrduey.com to have me take a look at this new approach to reaching students. He has recorded 17 songs to help his students learn subject matter. He also has a Fractions video on Teacher Tube, giving you a visual of what he is doing to reach his students.

http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ebd7c1e1b7118af88edc

My hat is off to you Mr. Duey for doing what ever it takes to reach your students.

No comments: